Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Can Finally Breathe!

BABY HEATON IS HEALTHY!

The bump they thought they saw on the tummy is GONE!

Thank you Jesus!

Wow. What good news that was to hear. I think it was the most beautiful thing I've heard in a long time - other than the baby's heartbeat that we got to hear again today. 164 beats per minute!

Scott was so cute when the doctor told us the sonogram looked great. He did his little "wooo!" thing that you've all heard him do and then we high-fived while almost being teary-eyed.

The baby was moving around like crazy during the ultrasound today. The ultrasound tech said the baby was very photogenic because she kept moving to the perfect poses for the pictures she needed to take.

You could even tell that the baby was trying to suck on his thumb already!

This picture is a little blurry. :( It's hard to take a picture of a sonogram because it's already a little hard to distinguish. This first pic is just of the baby's head and right arm/hand. You can also see the left hand poking up in the background.



Here are two more pics from today.


This is the "3D" view above. The baby's head is at the top with his/her two hands around his/her face like he's shielding his eyes. 


The face is already so defined! The eyes, nose, and ears are already in place. AMAZING. The baby is about the size of a lime.

I don't think I've posted it on this blog yet but the baby's due date is October 2, 2013. 

Today I am 12 weeks along and almost into the second trimester, which begins at 14 weeks. I've gained 1 pound so far, which is pretty normal for the first trimester. Some women actually lose weight because their nausea is so bad.

The doctor said that although we can never really say we're "in the clear," she said most pregnancies are smooth sailing from this point on (in terms of having a healthy pregnancy). The baby looks like he/she is developing well, there is a strong heartbeat, and we've made it to week 12, which is a huge milestone.

Your prayers have helped get us here!

My next appointment is in 4 weeks. This is just a checkup where they will check my blood pressure, weight, etc. No sonogram. :( Then 8 weeks from now (mid May), we get to see if the baby is a boy or a girl! And yes, we want to know. We can't wait!

The unpleasant symptoms are still lingering a little bit. I have these overwhelming urges to eat, and then nausea until I do. I also feel really tired out of the blue, but overall I am feeling much more energetic than the previous few weeks. Hallelujah!

On a different note, I was thinking about how I keep finding out all of these things you have to avoid when pregnant. Somebody should just make a list of everything in one place! So, for those of my friends who will be pregnant some day, here is my ongoing list of things you can't do with a baby in your tummy.

Things To Avoid While Pregnant

1. Alcohol (duh)
2. Drugs (duh)
3. A bunch of medications. You have to run EVERYTHING by your doctor. One of the only pain relievers you can use is Tylenol. One of the only allergy medications you can use is Zyrtec. I can no longer use my Nasonex, which helps me so much during allergy season.
4. Aspartame (no diet drinks)
5. Cleaning solutions with powerful chemicals in them
6. Hot tubs
7. Hot showers (you aren't supposed to raise your body temperature for more than 10 minutes, so I keep my showers short - I can't stand the cold!)
8. Heating pads, unless they are far away from your belly
9. Unpasteurized cheese (my doctor said these are hard to come by, but you still have to check)
10. Raw fish
11. Marlin
12. Orange Roughy
13. Tilefish
14. Swordfish
15. Shark
16. Mackerel
17. Tuna
18. Smoky areas
19. Smoking (duh)
20. Cookie dough (NOOOOOO!)
21. Runny eggs (must be cooked thoroughly)
22. Red meat (must be cooked thoroughly)
23. Tanning
24. Deli meat (I was like, what???)
25. Unpasteurized milk (also hard to come by in USA)
26. Caffeine (only one cup a day)
27. Changing the litter box
28. Gardening without gloves
29. Sleeping on your back (I can't avoid this one. I've just heard that it's better to try not to. It slows your blood flow to the baby...)

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll keep it going. I haven't found anything all in one place yet, so hopefully this will be helpful to someone someday! :)

Thanks for reading my blog! And thank you especially for the prayers you have prayed for baby Heaton, and for us! We are so grateful that everything is going smoothly. We hope to put together some kind of cute announcement for facebook in the next week or so, and then everything will become real, because it's "facebook official." Haha.

Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment